Technical Requirements and Information
Texas A&M Duo Service
Duo Two-factor Authentication is being used to add a second layer of security to NetID accounts for those
personnel accessing sensitive or higher risk systems. Departmental IT professionals may also integrate Duo
Two-factor Authentication with their local (non-NetID) administrator accounts.
This service is available for use to the following groups:
- IT professionals
For all groups except IT professionals, users must have a NetID and password to use Duo Two-factor
Eligible NetID account holders are able to self-enroll in Duo Two-factor Authentication via the
Duo Enrollment application.
Account holders wishing to use a hardware token device will need to contact the
Identity Management Office for assistance.
- Service licensing is centrally funded.
- Smartphone and mobile app are free with use of this service.
- Service telephony credits for call use and SMS messages with traditional cell phones and landline
phones is currently covered through Texas A&M IT and is periodically subject to review.
- Note: Text messages and voice calls are sent only when a user requests them, and they would be
billed by the user's carrier in the same way that any other text message or call would be based on
a user's carrier plan. Texas A&M will not reimburse users for these charges. If the charges when
using Duo exceed a level that a user is comfortable with, then the user should consider switching
to a hardware token rather than a cell phone for the service.
- Hardware token devices typically used with this service are priced at $25.00 to $65.00 per device and can be
purchased through the Texas A&M Software Center.
is a mailing list devoted to Texas A&M's Duo service. Developers using this service are encouraged to subscribe.